- J.D., Duke University School of Law (with Honors), 1983
- Parkinson Scholar
- Editor, Duke Law Journal
- B.A., University of Redlands, 1980
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Alabama, 1984
- North Carolina, 1984
- Wisconsin, 2012
Karl founded the firm in 1987 after serving as Law Clerk to Chief Justice C. C. Torbert, Jr. of the Alabama Supreme Court and practicing law from 1984 to 1987 in Greensboro, North Carolina. Although his law practice is substantially focused on ABC, HHC, and their affiliates, he advised the firm’s clients on matters regarding corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions and other business legal matters.
Karl also serves as Vice-President, Chief Legal Officer and Director of ABC Supply Co., Inc., and Vice-President and Chief Legal Officer of Hendricks Holding Company, Inc. He is also Vice-President and Director of The Westmoreland Company, Inc. (a commercial real estate developer).
Honors / Achievements:
- AV-Preeminent Rated Attorney from Martindale-Hubbell
- Member of the Board of Visitors of Duke University School of Law
- Member of the Commercial and Construction Industry Panels of American Arbitration Association
“The people must have ownership in the vision. They need to be enabled to accomplish it. If there is one investment you should make, it is in people.” – Modesta Lilian Mbughuni