CORPORATE GOVERNANCE & COMPLIANCE
Our attorneys represent companies of all sizes, and their directors and officers, regarding a broad range of corporate governance issues.
We regularly advise boards and board committees, executive officers and other members of management, and shareholders regarding:
- The composition and procedures for boards of directors or boards of managers and board committees
- The oversight functions of the board
- The role of audit committees
- The development of codes of conduct, governance guidelines and other policies and procedures
- The creation of board committee charters
- Director and officer responsibilities and fiduciary duties
- Executive compensation
- Officer certifications
- Governance-related disclosure requirements
- Best practices for boards, board committees and individual officers
- Day-to-day internal governance issues
- Compliance with ethical and legal requirements
We also advise clients regarding the duties of directors and officers in change of control situations, internal investigations, and executive succession matters. We also conduct legal “audits” to prevent or mitigate potential liabilities and to identify and correct legally hazardous business practices.